Here at EM3ev, we build our own battery packs in our own small, but well equipped factory, with numerous expensive machinery that we have purchased over the years. We have a small and stable group of staff, that take great pride in doing the best job they can (several of which are family members). We have established an excellent reputation for supplying well built, safe and reliable battery packs and on the odd occasion when something might break, we will be there to help (1 year warranty, which we stand behind). We use only proven parts (and try to stick with them) from the genuine sources (not random cell suppliers that are pushing the next greatest thing). We understand that a battery is expensive and that safety is more important than anything else. We come with an Engineers Mind-set, we always try to under-promise, and over-deliver, with conservative ratings and recommendations.
We offer several types of Samsung cell in our packs, details of the performance for each variant of this pack are detailed in the table further down this listing. We have the ICR18650-22 (NCM cell, 3C rated, approximately 2.1Ah) cell. We also have the High Energy density INR18650-32E (NCA Cell, 2C Max rated cell, with approx. 3.15Ah nominal Capacity). There are also 2 High Power cells, the INR18650-25R and the INR18650-30Q. These are NCA type cell, 8C (25R) and 5C (30Q) rated cells with Capacities of approximately 2.45Ah (25R) and 2.95Ah (30Q). Regardless of the cell type used, the dimensions of the pack are unchanged.
Combined with our custom EM3ev triangle bags even a relatively small frame, can accommodate our large triangle pack, where the weight (spec dependent, 6.4-6.8kg) is barely noticed. If you need compact size and high power, the 25R or 30Q are the best choices. If you also want to have the highest possible capacity, combined with high power, the 30Q pack is the best choice. Various chargers are offered as optional extras. The triangle bag is included free of charge. We offer the smaller 6P Triangle Pack here, if you don’t need this much capacity, or don’t have the space.
Specification for Each Variant of the 14S9P Triangle Battery Pack:
|Cell Type||Capacity (Ah)||Capacity (Whrs)||Max Cont. Current||Max Burst Current||Weight|
|High Energy-33G||50.4V 27.9Ah||1406Whrs||~40A||~56A||6.8kg|
|High Power-25R||50.4V 22.1Ah||1111Whrs||~40A||~80A||6.4kg|
|High Power-30Q||50.4V 26.6Ah||1338Whrs||~40A||~80A||6.8kg|
|High Power-MJ1||50.4V 30.6Ah||1542Whrs||~40A||~61A||6.8kg|
Our Large Triangle Pack (14S9P) uses a robust and reliable 14S 40A Li Ion type BMS. As with all our packs a pre-charge is fitted as standard (XT90-S). This is a must have feature with these High Discharge Battery Packs in our experience, to avoid issues with connectors and the electronic components. Cells are bonded into a pack using a special RTV with; high insulation resistance, which is flexible but also very strong. All signal cables are terminated via a PPTC as with all our packs to protect against a short. Even a dead short on the BMS Signal wires will not cause a hazardous situation
Please note that when a battery is ordered with a kit, we will make the controller to battery connections plug and play including Pre-Charge. If battery is purchased without a controller, we will supply a matching tail which should be linked to your existing controller supply. It is essential that a Pre-Charge is used, to avoid the large spark that would occur when you connect a controller to a powerful battery. The Pre-Charger will avoid issues with connectors and the Battery BMS.
- Tightly packed triangle layout, with lots of protection to provide good mechanical protection.
- We use 14S (50.4V, based on 14*3.6V), not 13S (46.8V nominal, based on 13* 3.6V), so that means a working voltage of over 48V most of the time and it also means that you’re getting that much more capacity than you would have had with an equivalent 13S Pack (7.7% additional capacity versus a 13S equivalent).
- PPTC thermal fuses used on all signal wires. If a fault were to ever occur on any of the small balance wires which run around the battery pack, the fuse simply shuts down the connection and keeps everything safe. Once the fault condition is removed, function returns to normal.
- Nominal Voltage of 50.4V, assuming 3.6V nominal cell voltage.
- Cycle Life estimated at 500-700 cycles (to 80% Retained) with 100% Charge and 100% discharge cycles. Cycle life is extended (possibly doubled) by charging to 90% and limiting discharge to 90%, so you use 80% of the available capacity (most, but not all of the time). We make it easy to control the Charge voltage with our switching charger. To accurately limit discharge the Cycle Analyst is a great tool. Using continuous High Discharge Rates, over the recommended levels will cause cell heating and can shorten cycle life.
- Charge Voltage of 58.8V for 100% charge, 57.4V for 90% Charge (our 58.8V 5A NCM charger include a switch to charge to 100%, 90% and 50%). The Satiator charger allows charging to any SOC. Our small 58.8V 2A charger are very reliable and cost effective, but be aware that charging takes longer with just a 2A charge rate.
- Maximum Charge Current 12A max (BMS limited).
- BMS Protection Current >100A. This is a very robust BMS, that can deliver around 40A continuous, but much more for extended bursts.
- Dimensions: ~75mm thick. 345mm long, 205mm high (detailed dimensions shown in additional images). The pack shape and dimensions are identical, regardless