We are now offering these 36V 25A 250W BBS02 kits (same as the 36V 500W, but marked as a 250W). So, you can have the more powerful and robust 500W kit, and have it detuned to 250W or 350W power levels, as you require. Or run it at the full 25A and have the 500W rating (~900W Max input power) if preferred. Please state clearly in comments that you need the motor to state 250W, as we still have a few in stock that are marked as 500W. All our stock is the latest version, with the revised case design and with GearSensor connector.
The Bafang BBS02 Mid-Drive kit includes the following. This listing is for a 36V 250W kit.
- Motor with integrated 25A controller.
- Additional GearSensor connector on motor.
- 44T chainwheel and pedal arms (does not include pedals). We recommend a relatively small chainwheel is used if the kit will be used in hilly areas. We have larger chainwheels available here.
- We also offer the 42T Bling Ring. This is in our opinion the best chainwheel available for the BBS02. It offers better than standard chain line alignment and a large tooth, small tooth design, which helps to retain the chain. More info here and in this section.
- Waterproof interconnecting cabling.
- A choice of the premium throttles offered by Wuxing. Details of the various throttle options, can be found in this section.
- Pair of ebrakes for cable pull brakes or a choice of ebrake sensors, for cable pull or hydraulic brakes. 1 ebrake sensor is enough, but an additional sensor can be found in this section.
- A choice of LCD displays, but do be aware that the C963 only allows a speed limit of up to 40km/h, the C961 allows 50km/h and the C965 allows 99km/h.
- The 36V kits can only be used on a 36V batterry or thereabouts. It absolutely cannot be used with a 48V battery (31V LVC).
We are able to adjust the controller software. Kits will be shipped with throttle configured for full power in all assist levels (including 0). There are also many user adjustable settings available in the display. The BBS02 is a more powerful version of the BBS02, which has a larger motor structure, with a fster winding, and can deliver higher power levels than the smaller BBS01. READ THIS LINK, for info on the BBS range of motors. See below links to view documentation on the kit and display.
The standard settings are as follows:
- 25A max current.
- LVC (low voltage cut) 31V, suitable for 36V battery.
- number of assist levels are adjustable by the display.
- wheel size can be adjusted from the display.
- speed limit can be set via the display (model dependednt), it is not possible to completely remove the speed limit, but you could set the wheel size to be smaller than it really is, to trick the kit into measuring a lower speed and effectively increase the speed limit. Of course the indicated speed will no longer be correct and this 500W kit is only really powerful enough to reach speeds in the region of 50km/h on the flat.
Information on BBS01/2 Kit:
DCP14 TFT Colour Display Manual (our displays are setup with 99km/h max speed limit).