The BBSHD is the latest and most powerful middle motor (48V, 30A, ~1500W Max) so far from Bafang. It has various detail improvements over the BBS02. Our BBSHD kits are all fitted with the additional connector for the Gearsensor. The excellent 42T Bling Ring HD are offered as an additional cost option. This is still the original and best aftermarket Chainwheel for the BBS range of motors in our opinion. You can find detailed information on each battery option, in this section. Batteries are offered with an additional discount when purchased with a kit.
The specification of the new BBSHD includes a 12 fet Controller (30A), with a choice of Bottom Bracket Widths available. The motor structure is larger than the BBS02 and therefore better able to handle more power for longer.
The Bafang BBSHD Mid-Drive kit includes the following.
- The standard controller settings are 30A, but it can be de-tuned in software to lower values.
- Motor with integrated controller.
- The bare BBSHD (68mm version) motor weighs 5.9kg (not including chainwheel, display, cables etc.). Shipped weight is ~8.3kg including standard Chainwheel.
- Now offered with the popular Gearsensor for smooth shifting and no more crunching of the gears. GearSensor manual can be found here.
- 46T chainwheel and pedal arms (does not include pedals). We recommend a relatively small chainwheel is used if the kit will be used in hilly areas.
- The Lekkie Bling Ring was the original after market BBS Chainwheel and has proven to be relaible with almost no issues being reported. More info here.
- Waterproof interconnecting cabling.
- A choice of the premium throttles offered by Wuxing. You can see the various throttles, offered in this section.
- Pair of ebrakes for cable pull brakes or a choice of ebrake sensors, for cable pull or hydraulic brakes. 1 ebrake sensor is enough, but an additional sensor can be found in this section. You will also see the various ebrake sensor types offered.
- A choice of LCD displays, but do be aware that the C961 allows up to 50km/h and the C965 allows 99km/h, max speed.
- The kit can only be used on a 48V batterry or thereabouts. It absolutely cannot be used with a 36V battery (41V LVC), or any battery with a charge voltage of 60V or more. There are options for either either 13S Li Ion 47/48V batteries, or 14S Li Ion 50V Batteries.
We are able to adjust the controller software. Kits will be shipped with throttle configured for full power in all assist levels. There are also many user adjustable settings available in the display. The BBSHD is a more powerful version of the BBS02, it has a larger motor structure, which can deliver higher power levels than the smaller BBS02 and a larger 12 fet controller. See below links to view documentation on the kit and display.
The standard settings are as follows:
- 30A current (or 25A, according to the chosen option).
- LVC (low voltage cut) 41V or 43V (41V for 13S, 47/48V battery, or 43V for 14S, 50/52V battery).
- Number of assist levels are adjustable by the display.
- Wheel size can be adjusted from the display.
- Speed limit can be set via the display (varies according to display type), it is not possible to completely remove the speed limit.
Information on BBS Kits: