EM3ev 52V (14S6P) Hard-Case Triangle Ebike Battery Pack With Bag
We now have a new hard-case version of the 14s6p triangle battery pack with Smart BMS and power switch. The Smart BMS allows the cell group voltage, temperature and battery capacity percentage to be monitored via an Android app through a Bluetooth connection. The Smart BMS will balance the cells even at a 90% charge.
The max discharge current with the Smart BMS is 40A for the high energy cells and 60A for the high power 30Q cells.
See the image for the hard-case dimensions. It includes the triangle bag.
EM3ev were 1 of the originators of the Triangle battery for Ebikes. We’ve been building triangle packs for at least 5 years and during that time, we have learnt a thing or 2, about not only triangle battery packs, but battery pack construction in general. We build our Triangle Packs using Samsung and LG Chem cells. Details of the performance to expect and our recommendations are detailed in the table further down this listing.
Combined with our custom EM3ev triangle bags, even a small frame, possibly even a full suspension frame, can accommodate our compact triangle pack within the triangle of the frame. The battery weight (spec. dependent, approx. 4.2-4.5kg) when located within the frame triangle, is barely noticed. So, if you need compact size and high power, the 25R or 30Q are the best choices. If you also want to have the highest possible capacity, combined with high power, the 30Q pack is the best choice. We offer various chargers as optional extras. Our EM3ev triangle bag is included at no additional cost.
EM3ev 52V (14S6P) Hard-Case Triangle Ebike Battery Pack Cell Specs
We offer various Samsung, Panasonic and LG cell types, in addition to the standard
ICR18650-22 (NCM cell, 3C rated, approximately 2.1Ah) cell. These new cell types are the High Energy INR18650-33G (NCA Cell, 3C Max rated cell, with approx. 3.1Ah nominal Capacity) Panasonic PF (NCA 2C recommeded Max, 3C Max burst current ~2.85Ah) and LG MJ1 (NCA, 3C Max, ~3.40Ah). There is also the High Power cells, the INR18650-25R and INR18650-30Q. These are NCA type cells, ~8C rated with Capacity of approximately 2.45Ah (25R) and ~5C rated and capacity of 2.95Ah for the 30Q cell.
Regardless of the cell type used, the dimensions of the pack are unchanged.
Specification for Each Variant of the EM3ev 52V (14S6P) Hard-Case Triangle Ebike Battery Pack:
|Cell Type||Capacity (Ah)||Capacity (Whrs)||Max Cont. Current||Max Burst Current||Weight|
|High Energy-PF||50.4V 17.1Ah||862Whrs||~34A||~51A||4.5kg|
|High Energy-33G||50.4V 18.6Ah||937Whrs||~28A||~37A||4.5kg|
|High Power-25R||50.4V 14.7Ah||741Whrs||~40A||~60A||4.2kg|
|High Power-30Q||50.4V 17.7Ah||892Whrs||~40A||~60A||4.5kg|
|High Power-MJ1||50.4V 20.4Ah||1028Whrs||~31A||~41A||4.5kg|
|High Energy-35E||50.4V 20.4Ah||1028Whrs||~31A||~41A||4.5kg|
Our Small Triangle Pack (14S6P) uses a robust and reliable 14S 40A Li Ion type BMS. A pre-charge, as with all our packs, isfitted as standard (XT90-S). This is a must have feature with these High Discharge Battery Packs in our experience. A pre-charge will help to avoid issues with connectors and the electronic components in the battery and motor controller. The cells within the pack are bonded together using a special RTV. This RTV offers high insulation resistance, it is flexible, but also very strong. All signal cables are terminated via a PPTC (thermal fuse), to protect against a short. Even a dead short on the BMS Signal wires will not cause a hazardous situation
Please note that when a battery is ordered with a kit, we will make the controller to battery connections plug and play including Pre-Charge. We will supply a matching tail. This should be linked to your existing controller supply.
EM3ev 52V (14S6P) Hard-Case Triangle Ebike Battery Pack With Bag Features:
- Tightly packed triangle layout, with lots of protection to avoid damage. Heavy Duty Rubberised Heat-Shrink provides a tough and durable finish.
- We use 14S (50.4V, based on 14*3.6V), not 13S (46.8V nominal, based on 13* 3.6V), so that means a working voltage of over 48V most of the time and it also means that you’re getting that much more capacity than you would have had with an equivalent 13S Pack (7.7% additional capacity versus a 13S equivalent).
- PPTC thermal fuses used on all signal wires. If a fault were to ever occur on any of the small balance wires which run around the battery pack, the PPTC fuse simply shuts down the connection and keeps everything safe. The function returns to normal, once the fault condition is removed.
EM3ev 52V (14S6P) Small Triangle Ebike Battery Pack With Bag Specification:
- Nominal Voltage of 50.4V, assuming 3.6V nominal cell voltage. NCM/NCA cells are not 3.7V nominal as some seem to think and claim.
- Cycle Life estimated at 500-700 cycles (to 80% Retained) with 100% Charge and 100% discharge cycles. Cycle life is extended (possibly doubled) by charging to 90% and limiting discharge to 90%. We make it easy to control the Charge voltage with our switching charger. To accurately limit the discharge, the Cycle Analyst is a great tool. Using continuous High Discharge Rates, higher than the recommended levels, will cause cell heating and can shorten cycle life.
- Charge Voltage of 58.8V for 100% charge, 57.4V for 90% Charge (our 58.8V 5A NCM charger include a switch to charge to 100% and 90%). The Satiator charger allows charging to any SOC. Our small 58.8V 2A charger are very reliable and cost effective, but be aware that charging takes longer with just a 2A charge rate.
- Maximum Charge Current 12A max (BMS limited, 10A Recommended).BMS (Discharge) Protection Current >100A. This is a very robust BMS, that can deliver around 40A continuous, but much more for extended bursts.
- Dimensions: ~81mm thick 331m long, 213mm high (detailed dimensions shown in additional images).
Lead-Times For Battery Pack
If we don’t have the battery pack already built in stock, the lead time is approx.
5 to 7 working days for us to build one once the order has been placed. We have streamlined our building process and the lead time is now 3 to 4 working days.