EM3ev Preditor L, 47V (AKA 48V, 13S4P) Frame Ebike Battery
EM3ev Preditor L, 47V (AKA 48V, 13S4P) Frame Ebike Battery may take some time to be built. Due to a large amount of recent battery orders, if we do not have a particular battery pack already built in stock, it will currently take us 10 to 14 days to manufacture it (27/03/17).
Em3ev battery packs include (patented) safety features that you will not find elsewhere (on any Ebike Battery Pack that we are aware of). The stand out features are the facts that every single cell in the battery is fused and that all the signal wires are also fused. This is in addition to the normal battery management system (BMS) that protects the battery against over-charge, excessive charge/discharge current and also balancing.
Our Preditor battery packs use a good quality battery case that we purchase, but all of the internal structure is designed and manufactured in-house. Unlike, almost Most battery cases, our Preditor Pack offers max charging current of ~8A (typically most other similar cases are limited to 3A charge rate).
EM3ev Preditor L, 47V (AKA 48V, 13S4P) Frame Ebike Battery Design
EM3ev builds battery packs (and design/manufacture most of the key component parts on our own high-tech machines). We build our own battery packs, as we want to do things right, we want to do things safe, we want to innovate and because we can. EM3ev packs are always conservatively/accurately rated, which will help to ensure our packs provide a long and reliable service life.
On top of all this, we stand behind our products (1 year warranty). And WE WILL fix any issues that occur (with minimum inconvenience, no cost to the customer and no we do not ask customers to return parts to China!). Here at EM3ev, we are not about hype, spin and self-promotion, our reputation was built the old fashioned way, by happy/satisfied customers.
Our EM3ev Preditor L, 47V (AKA 48V, 13S4P) Frame Ebike Battery is offered with various cell types, the specification of each variant, is detailed in the table below. These cases are lockable, water resistant and have a USB charging outlet (for phone etc). There is also a simple battery level LED indication and the battery has a power switch which has an LED to indicate when power is on. This power switch does not pass the discharge current, it only switches the BMS output on/off. This means a Pre-charge is not necessary for this battery, and means the switch is not liable to failure, as is so common on packs that pass the discharge current through a switch.
|Cell Type||Capacity (Ah)||Capacity (Whrs)||Max Cont. Current||Max Burst Current||Weight|
|High Energy-33G||46.8V 12.4Ah||580Whrs||~19A||~25A||3.9kg|
|High Power-25R||46.8V 9.8Ah||459Whrs||~30A||~35A||3.7kg|
|High Energy-LG MJ1||46.8V 13.4Ah||627Whrs||~20A||~27A||3.9kg|
|High Power-30Q||46.8V 11.8Ah||552Whrs||~30A||~35A||3.9kg|
Em3ev Preditor L, 47V (AKA 48V, 13S4P) Frame Ebike Battery Specs:
- We have a cell level fuse on every single cell in the battery pack (patented design). This will in the event of a serious accident or abuse, cause the affected cells to disconnect and avoid a dangerous situation. There is no way other than cell level fusing to protect against an internal short-circuit in the battery. Neither a good BMS or a pack fuse can protect against an internal short-circuit in the battery. In addition to the cell level fusing, we also implement a pack fuse. This will blow if, for example, the battery discharge lead were shorted out, so there is no chance that the cell level fuses would blow from an external short-circuit.
- PPTC thermal fuses used on all signal wires. If a fault were to ever occur on any of the small balance wires which run around the battery pack, the fuse simply shuts down the connection and keeps everything safe. Once the fault condition is removed, function returns to normal.
- 54.6V 2A (fan-less) or 5A charger (with fan) are optional extras. These are good quality charger (very reliable in our experience) with UL and CE (the charger may differ from the images shown).
- We conservatively rate the cells as 2.1Ah each (SDI-ICR18650-22P), 2.45Ah (SDI-INR18650-25R), 2.95Ah (INR18650-30Q), 3.10Ah (SDI INR18650-33G) and 3.35Ah (LG MJ1). Although the makers classes them a little higher than this. Like with any Li Ion type battery, best long term performance is obtained by not using all of the available capacity all of the time. And also by not using the pack at high discharge rates which will cause excessive cell heating and premature aging.
Em3ev Preditor L Frame Ebike Battery Cycle Life, Charge Rate and BMS
- Cycle Life estimated at 700 cycles plus (1C discharge to 2.75V, 1C charge to 4.2V). Cycle life is extended by charging to 90%, limiting discharge to 90% and also by more moderate usage. To accurately limit discharge the Cycle Analyst is a great tool. Cycle Life will be reduced if the Pack is regularly used at continuous high discharge rates. Therefore, please match the battery pack to the rest of the kit.
- Maximum Charge Current 8A max.
- There is very limited space in this case for a large BMS. The BMS in the frame pack is 20A continuous rated, but can deliver much more for short bursts. We recommend a controller rating of approx ~18A with the 22P packs. The high Power 30Q and 25R cells can deliver 30A or more. Nevertheless, we recommend the continuous discharge rate is kept to not more than 25A to avoid stressing the BMS. This is not a high power battery pack, at least not by EM3ev standards.
EM3ev Preditor L, 47V (AKA 48V, 13S4P) Frame Ebike Battery Dimensions and Weight
- Maximum dimensions of: 80mm thick. 115mm tall, 345mm long. See labelled picture in additional images for detailed information, as it has a complex shape.
- Weight: 13S4P-22P (3.7kg), 13S4P-25R (3.7kg), 13S4P-33G (3.9kg), 13S4P-30Q (3.9kg), 13S4P-MJ1 (3.9kg). (all figures including slider).