Bafang 48V 1000W BBSHD Mid Drive Ebike Kit
The Bafang 48V 1000W BBSHD Mid Drive Ebike Kit
The Bafang 48V 1000W BBSHD is the latest and most powerful middle motor (48V, 30A, ~1500W Max) so far from Bafang. It has various detail improvements over the BBS02. We fit all ou BBSHD kits with the additional connector for the Gearsensor. We offer the excellent 42T Bling Ring HD as an additional cost option. This is still the original and best aftermarket Chainwheel for the BBS range of motors in our opinion. You can find detailed information on each battery option, in this section. We have applied an additional discount on battery packs for purchasing the battery with a kit.
The specification of the new BBSHD includes a 12 fet Controller (30A), with a choice of Bottom Bracket Widths available. The motor structure is larger than the BBS02 and therefore, better able to handle more power for longer.
The Bafang 48V 1000W BBSHD Mid-Drive Ebike kit includes the following.
- The standard controller settings are 30A. We can, however, de-tune the controller current setting in the software to lower values.
- Motor with integrated controller.
- The bare BBSHD (68mm version) motor weighs 5.9kg (not including chainwheel, display, cables etc.). Shipped weight is ~8.3kg including standard Chainwheel.
- Now offered with the popular Gearsensor for smooth shifting and no more crunching of the gears. GearSensor manual can be found here.
- 46T chainwheel and pedal arms (does not include pedals). The customer should use a relatively small chainwheel if they use the kit in hilly areas.
- The Lekkie Bling Ring was the original after-market BBS Chainwheel. With almost no issues report, the Lekkie Bling Ring has proven to be very reliable. More info here.
- Waterproof interconnecting cabling.
- A choice of the premium throttles offered by Wuxing. You can see the various throttles, offered in this section.
- Pair of ebrakes for cable pull brakes or a choice of ebrake sensors, for cable pull or hydraulic brakes. 1 ebrake sensor is enough, but an additional sensor can be found in this section. You will also see the various ebrake sensor types offered.
- A choice of LCD displays, but do be aware that the C961 allows up to 50km/h and the C965 allows 99km/h, max speed.
- The customer can only use 48V battery packs with the BBSHD kit. The kit absolutely cannot be used with a 36V battery pack (41V LVC). The customer also cannot use the kit with a battery pack charge voltage exceeding 60V. Neither can the kit be used with any battery with a charge voltage of 60V or more. However, there are options for either either 13S Li Ion 47/48V batteries, or 14S Li Ion 50V Batteries.
Summary: What’s Included as Standard
- The motor along with the controller
- Mounting hard-ware (the 68mm version includes additional longer bolts and spacers for 73mm BBs)
- E-BUS Harness
- Speed Sensor
- Factory Cranks
- Additional GearSensor Connector – straight from the motor
- A choice of chainwheels – this is a mandatory option
- A choice of displays – again, this is a mandatory option
Summary: What’s Not Included
- Battery charger
- Installation tools
Bafang 48V 1000W BBSHD Settings
We are able to adjust the controller software. We ship the kits with the throttle configured for full power in all assist levels. There are also many user adjustable settings available in the display. The BBSHD is a more powerful version of the BBS02, it has a larger motor structure, which can deliver higher power levels than the smaller BBS02 and a larger 12 fet controller. See below links to view documentation on the kit and display.
The standard settings are as follows:
- 30A current (or 25A, according to the chosen option).
- LVC (low voltage cut) 41V or 43V (41V for 13S, 47/48V battery, or 43V for 14S, 50/52V battery).
- There are a number of assist levels that the customer can adjust by the display.
- The customer can adjust the wheel size from the display.
- The customer can set a speed limit through the display. (This varies according to display type). However, it is not possible to completely remove the speed limit.
Information On The Bafang 48V 1000W BBSHD Mid Drive Ebike Kits:
These manual include how to get into the settings and advanced settings menus to change various parameters.
DCP14 TFT Colour Display Manual (our displays are setup with 99km/h max speed limit).
The Eggrider OLED Smart Display is a great choice as it offers Smartphone integration as well as precise info on how your motor is performing with graphed data. It has a whole lot of other features, such as adjusting performance on the fly, that makes this the choice display for the BBS kits.
These manuals include how to get into the settings and advanced settings menus to change various parameters.
Lead-Times For Battery Pack
If we don’t have the battery pack already built in stock, the lead time is approx. 5 to 7 working days for us to build one once the order has been placed.
See the Individual Parts Product listing for More Info On Each Item
Shimano M355 Hydraulic Brake Levers Ebrake Sensor
Throttles, ebrakes and switches
47V Preditor Battery Pack Including Dimensions
47V 5P EM3ev Jumbo Shark Including Dimensions
50V 4P EM3ev Super Shark Including Dimensions
50V 5p Rectangle Battery Pack Including Dimensions
50V 7p Rectangle Battery Pack Including Dimensions
50V Triangle Battery Pack Including Dimensions